Sunday, October 30, 2005

My next project?

Okay okay. I'm being one-sided here. But it's fun to trash Tobias. It's easy. He embodies to me all of the people of my own generation who used all that was good in themselves just to make money; who use their votes for short-term gain. Who ended up blissful in the bottom-feeding job ? marketing, land flipping, ambulance chasing, and money brokering. Such smugness. They saw themselves as eagles building mighty nests of oak branches and bullrushes, when instead they were really more like the eagles here in California, the ones who built their nests from tufts of abandoned auto parts looking like sprouts picked off a sandwich ? rusted colonic mufflers and herniated fan belts ? gnarls of freeway flotsam from the bleached grass meridians of the Santa Monica freeway:plastic lawn chairs, Styrofoam cooler lids, and broken skis ? cheap, vulgarm toxic items that will either decompose in minutes or remain essentially unchanged until our galaxy goes supernova.Oh, I don't hate Tobias. And as I hear his car pull into a stall outside, I realize that I see in him something that I might have become, something that all of us can become in the absence of vigilance.

1 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

Your other poster to the blog found out that some blogs focus on bitching and indecision :)

so who the hell is tobias?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home